Thursday, June 4, 2015

Summer Livin'

Can I just say that I LOVE June?! To be honest, there isn't one month that I dislike, but June has to be one of my favorites! My husband is an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer and our busy season of Aerial Crop Spraying begins late June {typically} and sometimes runs until August-September, so June is the month we pack full of the summer fun {and laziness} that we typically don't get the rest of the summer. June and September are the two months we cram all of summer into, and for those reasons, I adore June! Also, the weather is usually delightful here in June and the lakes are made for living at! Just a few reasons I am silly about summer...
Now, there is this urban legend that sewing and crafting happens only in the winter {especially in our area of the country, where winter lasts forever and if the cold doesn't get ya, you will get snowed in}, but since sewing is a way of life, my machine plans to stay busy all summer long {it will just be working double time so that I can have those lake days as well}. So, let's take a look at what's been on my worktable:




So, most of the time I just wing it when sewing {I'm instilling confidence, I can tell:}, and usually I'm VERY comfortable with that, however, I was commissioned to sew an apron that is really more of a dress {I am not even joking}, so I felt the need for a pattern! You know the whole "Measure twice, cut once" saying, well in this case it was "Measure 5x, draw 3 patterns and cut once"! So, I sketched my own pattern, and let me warn you, I CANNOT draw! I have tried, I have really, really tried, but I bomb even at Pictionary - I can hardly draw a straight line to save my life! So, no, I will never be a pattern designer, but thankfully I can make it work for my own personal use :)


I am SO excited about these new labels! I designed the graphic online and found a super affordable shop in France to print them up for me! Now every item sold will have this unique {and can I say, adorable?} fabric label attached! This is the crazy dress-like apron I have been working on, more pics to come soon! 

Oh, and just for a cuteness factor before I go, check out this adorable baby MINIATURE calf that I got to play with, cuddle and feed the other night! Just when I think all the farm girl in me has disappeared, I spend a day at the farm, get to tromp around in the pastures and corrals, and I feel like I'm back home again. A move to the country might be up for discussion sometime in the next few years :) 

Ok, that's enough cuteness to melt anyone! Happy Thursday everyone! Enjoy this gorgeous June!

Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment