Thursday, June 11, 2015

Vintage Finds + New Fabric

So, I'm back in full swing, sewing up a storm lately, and I still can't manage to keep up :) Such a busy week, but first, time to share my new fabric from my favorite quilting shop!!


Color Therapy by Vanessa Christenson

Birch Farm by Joel Dewberry 

So excited to get stitching up these new designs, but first, I need to finish all those custom orders and get them shipped :) And now for my wonderful garage sale find from last weekend...

 I have been on the hunt for a gorgeous vintage hard shell suitcase, that I can re-model into a large sewing kit/decorative piece for my shows! Practical and pretty! So, I finally found  exactly what I was looking for! Isn't this piece gorgeous?

Originally I was told it came from the early 1900's {how cool would that have been?!}, but we finally did find out that it is actually from 1940 {still pretty neat!} and it is in near perfect condition! So, this is how the case came, and I will have to post photos in the next few weeks, showcasing my suitcase remodel :)

I want to put some pockets on the inside part of the lid, as well as make some fabric dividers for organization! Can you tell I am just a little excited?! I can't wait to show you what I turn this fabulous case into! Oh, and it comes with original keys to the locks...how amazing is that?

So, last Friday, I decided it's pretty pathetic that I make all these aprons for people, and I don't own one of my own unique creations! I had bought some linen canvas earlier in the week with intentions to make an apron for myself, so Friday was the perfect day to stitch it up! Besides my little handmade business, I also cater all summer for the company my husband works for and small events throughout the year, which is the perfect place to wear my handmade designs! So, here is the apron I made, which I then posted on my Facebook business page and ended up selling :) So, I still need an apron for myself!



I did find it a little funny that I chose colors that although are very beautiful, aren't typically my style, so I think this apron was meant for someone else from the start :) However, it was so fun to design and stitch up, and I love the ruffled scoop pocket on the skirt!!

And...I FINALLY attempted my first throw pillow!! I actually used some leftover fabric from the apron I made {I am really loving that fabric!} I was quite happy with how it turned out and I can't wait to tackle a few more styles!
I really love the twisted flower on the corner, and I think a row of those running diagonally across a throw pillow would be gorgeous! So many ideas to try!  

Happy Thursday Everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment