Monday, May 25, 2015

May Brings The Fun

I have been pretty quiet on the blog lately! It feels like summer has arrived and we've been on the road constantly!  We were so happy to be headed to the lake last weekend, and despite the cooler temperatures, as usual, we had an amazing time! My husband and I spent a few days with my parents and then the rest of the family drove up to spend a day with us all. We have our favorite spot that we always camp at and I am always amazed at how quickly I start to feel relaxed and carefree once we head to the lake. Some quality family time is always good for relaxing as well!
                                 
     

May Long Weekend usually marks the first weekend at the lake for the summer season, unless the weather is terrible. Thankfully we had several enjoyable days there, and we are already planning the next weekend we head up there {and looking forward to a few weeks there later in the Summer}.

Last week was a full week with the family! My mom and I enjoyed a wonderful lunch together at one of our favorite restaurants, and it's rare to get a quiet one-on-one chat together!  I spent a day at the farm catching up with my sister and helping my mom plan our huge family gathering we have every summer and my husband and I spent Friday night trucking with my brother as he hauled Anhydrous to the local farmers putting in their crops!


So, after all that excitement and much needed family time... it's back to work today! 

First, I wanted to share a project I wrapped up right before we left for the lake! I made two matching half aprons from vintage 70's fabric and I like to call these aprons Keepsake Aprons. The fabric came from my customers Grandmother who had passed away and they wanted to have this memorable fabric made into aprons to remember her.



Keepsake Aprons are so special to me, as we lost a very special lady in our family two years ago and after she passed away, I received some of her fabric {she was an avid quilter} and we started making aprons out of her fabric to remember her by. So I am always incredibly touched when I get to do a keepsake item for my customers - and the fabric always seems to have a special story that comes with it!

My projects for this week include a retro 60's style apron {I can not wait to finish it and get it up on the blog!}, a gorgeous Japanese-style apron and I am also working on a keepsake apron for my mom {because she's just so special that she deserves one}! Also on the worktable are a few new items I'm playing around with and hope to have up in the shop soon :)

So, hopefully I can make myself stay home and get some sewing done, and when I do get my orders done, the weather is so gorgeous, I plan to sneak off to the lake later this week !! Enjoy that sunshine! 


No comments:

Post a Comment