Monday, May 11, 2015

A Weekend Full of Learning + Fun

Happy Monday, Ya'll! I am feeling so good about this upcoming week! As I mentioned before, I have been under the weather for several weeks, as well as having some back problems, but I have a good feeling about this week and things are looking up :)

First of all, I had an amazing weekend! It was a bit of a struggle with my back, but I made it to the Artisan Entrepreneur Workshop, and the afternoon was jam-packed with loads of great information! It was a good balance of some topics I already felt comfortable with, and some great new ideas to further Bluebirds + Lemondrops Designs!

After the workshop I  met up with a couple friends and went out for a great supper and then headed to Prairie Chicks for their Magazine Release Gala! It was such a fabulous night - great food and drinks, amazing sales, a few fun games, and meeting up with a great group of women that I have gotten to know over the last year! I am so grateful for a group of women that share my passion for handmade designs and fabric!! I came away with some fabric and a few quilted goodies, so it was a successful night :)



                             I seriously can not get enough of these gorgeous colors and designs!!




Sunday was a wonderful day spent with my amazing family {all 27 of them - and we were missing a few!}. Mother's Day is always a big deal for our family, and we enjoyed a nice lunch out together and then a beautiful dessert buffet at my sisters home {she is amazing!}. And finally, Sunday evening brought some much needed down time with My Man :) I think he deserves a little shout out! He is the most supportive and encouraging husband, he pushes me to succeed and try again when I fail. He genuinely gets excited when I talk about my little handmade business and he enjoys helping me plan and dream - what more could I possibly want or ask for! 

So, this week, I am finishing some custom orders I have been working on, shopping fabric for the next big set of custom orders, and I am excitedly awaiting the arrival of a huge fabric order for the Evergreen Artisan Market in November! I have never done a show this big or that brings in this many people, so I have made a plan so I get to enjoy my summer and also get my stock built back up again :) Time for me to get busy!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment