Thursday, April 23, 2015

Trade Shows + Fundraisers



Wow, what a week! Not only have we been under the weather for a few weeks, but I had a Trade Show on Saturday that I really wasn't feeling! However, I worked my tail off all last week, and come Saturday, I didn't feel too horrible. Also, I have this amazing husband who helped me haul everything and set up for the show, so I was able to take it pretty easy and enjoy my day {yes, he's pretty much owning this husband thing}! The turnout at the show was amazing and I just love meeting and connecting with new handmade business lovers! So grateful for such a supportive town that shops local and supports local businesses! It was a fantastic day, meeting new people, connecting with some I haven't seen in awhile and of course catching up with friends that always stop by to offer support {love ya guys!}.

Not only did the show go wonderfully, but we also made it to 200 likes on the Bluebirds + Lemondrops Designs Facebook page! YAY! Ya'll know what that means, right? Giveaway time!! Yes, I hosted my first online giveaway! Hopefully we will have another one down the road when the page has grown a bit more :) Everyone of those likes and follows I get on Instagram and Facebook just help grow my business, so there really would be little or no business without all of you! Thank you!


One of the new designs featured at the show this past weekend. I find most of my enjoyment {and sometimes frustration} comes from the fine detail in designs. This apron was so much fun to design and put together.




I am so pleased that the new reversible receiving blankets {Little Lovlies} I am now offering have went over so well! Hopefully this week I will have more up in my Etsy shop! I am hoping to expand the Little Lovlies line with more products and items for the Littles in your life! I will share more details when I can!

Also, I just want to mention a wonderful, heartwarming fundraiser that I am so happy to have a small part in this year: Bloom's Annual NICU Fundraiser in support of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the Royal University Hospital. NICU at RUH has saved so many little lives, it's often something we don't think about until we are in need of their services and equipment, but if a little one has to fight for their life, they deserve the best medical equipment and attention possible. I have family that has used the equipment and services of the medical teams at RUH's NICU and I want to do all I can to support this amazing fundraiser! Tickets to this event can be found at http://www.obrianseventcentre.ca/ or if you aren't attending this amazing event, you can donate at http://www.nicuannualfundraiser.com/.  I know they appreciate all the support!


And I just can't resist sharing this apron - I'm so in love with the vintage feel to it and for some reason teal and aqua have been the colors I am drawn to lately!


                                   Happy Thursday, ya'll and here's to a fabulous weekend ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment