Monday, April 13, 2015

April Brings Exciting Changes

So many fun spring designs and fabrics are on my worktable this week! I love that even though our Spring weather has been erratic at best, everyone is over winter, and the Spring custom orders have been pouring in!

 So, this month I have been busy working on custom orders and home renovations - never a great combination! Our home has been covered in drywall dust (the bane of my existence !), but thankfully we have made great headway with the renovations! We completely dismantled and updated one of our guest rooms, and finished knocking out a wall between the kitchen and living room! Oh happy day! After 1.5 years in this house, we are finally starting to see some serious changes!

  In the mean time, I have managed to sneak a few projects in this week! I just love these beautiful fabrics I ordered from Raspberry Creek Fabrics (check out her Etsy shop - stunning selection)! The fabrics I used are Priory Square by Katy Jones for Art Gallery (and anyone who knows me, knows that I have major weak spot for all Art Gallery Fabrics!).



I call this colorful little half apron, Pouring Rainbows, and the mix of sweet and bright colors just makes my day! Yes, I am aware not everyone gets as thrilled at looking at fabric as I do :) However, I think just about anyone would feel happy when rocking these gorgeous colors in their kitchen (doesn't it make you want to mix up a pitcher of sweet tea ?) Anyways, after the gloomy snow that was coming down last week, I needed to work on something bright and cheery! 


So, next up on the work table? A little bit of a new project for me! Well, not new to me, but it is new to Bluebirds + Lemondrops Designs! It has always been my desire to expand into products other then aprons and that time has finally come! No worries, the aprons are not going anywhere (I love making them too much and I have some fun new fabrics on the way that will be making their way onto the blog in the next month), but I am also expanding into baby blankets! I have always loved making receiving blankets, but with a little more to them then just the basic receiving blanket. These reversible baby blankets are soft quilting cotton on one side and a fun flannel print on the other side!

Interested in a sneak peek? Check out a few photos below of the sweet prints I've been stitching up for the Little Lovlies in your life.







A handful of these new blankets will be for sale at my local show this weekend! So, for you local people, head over to Birch Hills Civic Center between 10am-2pm, and check out all the goodies I will have set up there! CuteClip Soother Clips will also be there sharing a booth with me, so double the fun happening at our table! After the show is over, a few of these blankets will be hitting my Etsy and Facebook shop, so if you aren't local or don't get a chance to come check them out, you will still have a chance to pick up one (or a few) of these! 


No comments:

Post a Comment